Monday, February 2, 2015

EGGS BENNY

Sometimes when you read a recipe you think it sounds good. Well, when I actually tasted this one. 
Wow. Better than I imagined.
This one is staying on my menu.


Eggs Benny is one of my favourite breakfast treats though I don't get very excited at all over the processed English muffin that often is at its foundation. Many find making hollandaise sauce fussy. This recipe is simple and nutrient dense. Once the sauce is made it is quick enough for any day of the week not just Sunday brunch.

Ingredients
1 Portobello mushroom per person sauteed to warm
Fresh spinach chopped
1 Poached egg per person

Sauce
1 medium onion (I used a white onion)
1 Tbs ghee or coconut oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp turmeric
Pinch of sea salt

Thinly slice the onions into rings. Heat ghee in fry pan. Add onions and allow to caramelize on medium heat. Once done, place onions and remaining ingredients in a blender and process til creamy.


Assembly
Lay warm portobello on plate
Layer chopped fresh spinach
Place poached egg on top
Spoon sauce over egg
Sprinkle with paprika (optional)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment